Tuesday, May 15, 2012
A few random thoughts related to this list:
(1) A lot of lateral moves by scholars in international law, legal history, and constitutional law.
(2) Wisconsin lost three productive, mid-career senior faculty--not good!
(3) Three senior hires by Nevada!
(4) UCLA recruited two faculty from Michigan, a notable coup.
(5) The "top ten" moves of the year (in terms of significance for the hiring and/or the losing school) might include: Adler from Penn to Duke; Cushman from UVA to Notre Dame; Dudziak from USC to Emory; Morrison from Columbia to Chicago; Nourse from Wisconsin to Georgetown; Powell from GW back to Duke; Rossi from FSU to Vanderbilt; and Sykes from Stanford to NYU. But that list no doubt reflects mainly the limits of my knowledge of all the work being done by those who moved this year.