Tuesday, April 17, 2012
...though some "new rich" may be emerging. Particularly striking this year were that NYU led Columbia in new members across all fields, and Northwestern similarly led Chicago, though by a smaller margin. Here are the schools with at least two faculty elected this year:
1. Harvard University (13)
1. Massachussetts Institute of Technology (13)
3. Northwestern University (9)
3. Stanford University (9)
5. New York University (8)
5. Princeton University (8)
5. University of Chicago (8)
8. Yale University (6)
9. University of Pennsylvania (5)
10. Columbia University (4)
10. University of California, Berkeley (4)
10. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (4)
13. Indiana University, Bloomington (3)
13. Rutgers University, New Brunswick (3)
13. University of Wisconsin, Madison (3)
All of the following schools had two faculty each elected this year: Cornell, UC San Diego, Southern California, Duke, Washington University in St. Louis, UC Irvine, Johns Hopkins, and Illinois/Urbana-Champaign.
You can see last year's tally here.
The "rich get richer" mainly because all existing members can vote on nominated candidates, regardless of field.